Friday, May 29, 2009

Kaohsiung, taiwan --day #2

day 2





Our last day of staying at CU hotel. First thing in the morning, we got a ride and headed to the Eternal Golden Fort, in the An-Ping District. It is one of the historical sites in Taiwan, the place where the army prepared and tried
to win the war. Huge cannons everywhere; no wonder they lost.



We stopped by a location, I think it is Tainan, where they are known for their dofu fah. i think it is basically cold whey and i had it with tapioca...it was good!

It was a rainy day, so it was kinda slow going. We went to see a temple, as well as some small historical places. We went to a street vendor for some seafood. There were fried oysters with salt and pepper dipping sauce. There is this dish that i dont think i will ever eat again...it was steamed oysters with egg, cabbage, and this gelatin that fused them all together. atop of the dish is ketchup and this sweet brown sauce. When the woman set it on the table, I thought it looked like puke. And when I put the gelatin in my mouth, i looked over and saw the man cleaning out the oysters on the side road, throwing it in a dirty pail. I wanted to retch, but ate as much as I could.

here is the lovely couple, girlfriend and cousin.

here are some pictures from the university gallery, temple and some historical sites. My memory escapes me; I am at the airport awaiting my flight to China with layover in Hong Kong.




So a glimpse of the nighlife! We went to lamp discotecque. Wednesdays before 11 ladies get in free. We went with the couple, and there was lots of dancing to be had. Once we got inside, we were given a ticket that you trade in for a plastic cup. That cup allows you to have unlimited drinks for all night, until around 5-6 am in the morning. Typically, most of the clubbers leave to get breakfast, and come back to dance some more. They had go-go dancers the night we went, so ENJOY ! :)






1 comment:

  1. MmmMMmmm, I'll take those go-go dancers to go-go! Fun fun fun...

    ReplyDelete